Monday, February 7, 2011

One day at a time...

For one to be truly happy in life, first you must define what happiness means to you. What makes you smile? What gives you butterflies? What excites you? What makes you feel accomplished? These are only a few questions out of the million and one questions you could ask yourself.

Maybe with this little insight, the world could be a happier place...? Who knows, its worth a try, right??

Baby steps...

There are many ways to define happy. One definition dictionary is: 
  1. Joy, a state of well-being or contentment, a pleasurable or happy experience.
I personally know that my family, friends, music, and movies make me happy. After that, its all the little things that matter.

When it comes down to it, its the smallest things that add up to make the big picture right?



I would suggest writing either in a journal or on post-it notes things that make you happy. A journal is private, and for your eyes only. If you chose to use Post-It notes, you could leave them around your house insight, so you would have positive reinforcement anywhere you look on those rainy-gloomy-I-hate-life- kind of days. :)



                      Here's the start to my "Things that make me happy list"

.My family.
.My girlfriend and our pets.
.My friends.
.Music.
.My favorite movies.
.Rain.
.The smell of fresh cut grass.
.Seeing my nephew smile/laugh=priceless.
.Babies in general.
.Camping.
.Cooking out.
.A cold beer after a bad day.
.Having the day off after drinking the night away.
.Christmas lights.
.The first snowfall of the season.
.Lavender.
.A hot bubble bath.
.Relaxing.
.Snow globes.
.Fireworks.
.Sunsets ans sunrises.
.I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell of coffee lingering around the house=reminds me of my girlfriend.
.Your pillowcase when you're away.
.Polar pops.
.The Sunday paper (mostly the ads/cartoons).
.Writing.
.Discovering new songs before my friends do.
.Blasting music, with the windows down in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment